Tuesday, November 22, 2011

KIR's Birthday


On December 2010, Smansa’s scientific group of teenagers (KIR) celebrated their 27th birthday. To celebrate our birthday, I and others members of KIR made a social service event in an Islamic Orphanage in Bogor. 2 days before the event, we prepare all things that we can share with the orphanage children, such as food, money, and clothes. The event was held on Sunday. The event started at 09.00. First, we made some games for the orphanage children. The games is about a teamwork games. They had to work together to win the games. They were so happy when they played this game. After that, we watched movie together. It is a cartoon movie, because most of the orphanage children still study in Elementary school. Then, because we are from scientific group, so we made some simple and interesting experiment for them. They were so enthusiastic when we do the experiment and many of them want to try the experiment. After that, we had lunch together. During lunch, we were sharing each other, about their experience live in orphanage, about their hopes and what they want to be in the future. And I think, they still have a lot of curiosity, a lot of spirit to be success in future. Then, after sharing each other, we give them some foods and also some clothes. We hope that our gift will be useful for them. And after this event, I felt so gratefull to God who gave me a lot of things, who gave me more than I expected. And because of this event, I felt so happy because I and my friend could help the other people who are not as lucky as us.



By : Kevin W. 

1 comment:

  1. Felt happy to see how the birthday was celebrated, these days people are so much into birthday celebrations having cakes, presents and parties, I believe we should help poor people at this time too.

    ReplyDelete